When you’re moving into a new property there’s always a big list of things to do, and getting your water and electricity accounts set up is usually right at the top of the list. On this page we’ll show you how easily this can be done.
Tenants registered with Tawtheeq
If you’re renting within the city or surrounding areas, your rental agreement must be registered with Tawtheeq, the Abu Dhabi registry for tenancy contracts. Since 2015 our systems have been linked, so once you’re registered, your water and electricity accounts will be set up for you, it’s as simple as that. This leaves you with one less thing to worry about and it means you don’t have to send us a separate move in application.
MORE ABOUT TAWTHEEQ
When we receive your details from Tawtheeq, we’ll send your new ADDC account number to you so you can activate your online account. Once this is done, you can easily manage your water and electricity accounts from anywhere, and at any time you choose. Keep life simple and get yours now.
ACTIVATE MY ONLINE ACCOUNT
New owners and tenants not registered with Tawtheeq
If you’re a tenant living outside of the area covered by Tawtheeq, or if you’ve recently purchased your property, you’ll need to send us a move in application to connect your water and electricity. You can do this quickly and easily online, or at one of our branches.
We’ll need the following documents:
- Your passport – copy of ID page and your visa (if expat)
- Your Family Book (For UAE Nationals only)
- The Tenancy Contract,Property Purchase Contract or Site Plan
- The previous Account Closing Letter for the property you’re planning to move into
To apply for a connection at one of our ADDC branches:
- Make sure you’ve got all the required documents.
- Visit the branch with your original documents.
- Our staff members will help you to fill in an application form and submit your application.
Your account should then be set up within a few days.
FIND MY NEAREST BRANCH
To apply for a connection online:
- Let us know about the property you’re moving into.
- Then give us some customer details.
- Finally, you’ll need to upload the above supporting documents.
Start your online move in application by clicking below. You can check on the status of your application at any time after you’ve sent it. For more information about moving in, contact our support team on 800 2332 or email us